St. Audoen’s Church, High Street, Dublin 8

Conservation Works – John L Griffith & Partners Architects

St. Audoen’s is the only surviving medieval parish church in Dublin.Three surviving bells cast in 1423 are the oldest hanging bells in Ireland. The nave and tower are both of calp limestone. Internally the Sparke and Duff wall monuments are most unusual – they are Jacobean and are executed in plaster as opposed to stone. John L Griffith & Partners have been involved with ongoing conservation works at the church since 1980, involving works to the tower, bellframe and bells, the external walls, windows and the roof and also restoration work to the Sparke and Duff monuments. These works have been grant assisted at different stages by the National Heritage Council and Dublin City Council’s Conservation Department.