St. Patrick’s Deanery, Dublin 8.

Conservation Works – John L Griffith & Partners Architects 2009 – Present

It is the home of the Dean of St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The present structure dates from 1783 when the Deanery was rebuilt after a fire. It is a two-storey house over basement with a walled forecourt and a rear garden. The main elevation is of brick, five bays with a broad flight of steps to the hall door. Inside there is a grand double height entrance and stair hall.

Conservation works carried out in 2009 have included works to the rear wall and roof ;
Conservation works carried out in 2010 have included the west gable wall and parapet ; all works were grant assisted by Dublin City Council Conservation Department.